Skinner, 3058 County Rd. 9
Purchased in 1802 by the Wilcocks, the land was sold to the Deans in 1850. The road just to the west is named Dean’s Hill Rd. The barn was built for market gardening and the materials were all taken from the land; the beams, boards and stones. The hand-hewed beams show the work of a master builder. Even the original equipment for moving hay still sits in the upper floor of the barn.
This board was designed by the Grade 5/6 students of North Hope School.
English Barn: Learn More…