Van Dorp, corner of Sylvan Glen and Dale Rd.
This property was purchased by Elias Smith in 1799, one of the founders of Port Hope. Over the years the 200-acre parcel was divided into lots of 25, 115 and 60 acres to various families up until 1958. The quilt board represents the Dutch heritage (windmill) of the present owner and the grain corn that is grown on the land and the turf farm of the past. The quilt pattern is the Dutchman’s puzzle.
English Barn: Learn More…